This year our athletes were able to:
- Capture the Smith Cup, as the Best Overall Athletics Program in the MASCAC
- Win conference titles in seven sports during the 2015-16 season
- Produce five All-America athletes
- Place the most student-athletes on the MASCAC Academic Honor Roll
- Honor both the Male and Female Scholar Athlete of the year in the MASCAC (The first time any school has had both outright winners in a single year)
Off the field, our athletes excelled in the classroom. In the fall 2015 semester, our student athletes posted a grade-point average (GPA) of 3.07. Academic success is vital to the student-athlete experience at Westfield, and our commitment to students both on and off the field helps them open doors of opportunity after graduation.
The Team That Supports The Teams
A strong athletics program needs strong support from alumni, parents, and friends. When you support the Owl Club at Westfield, you’ll enjoy a number of exclusive, members-only benefits. Your generosity will also help provide our student-athletes and teams with the best intercollegiate sports experience possible.
Our tight-knit athletics community at Westfield makes your individual support that much more important. Our athletic program thrives due to the caliber of student athletes that our coaches have been able to recruit. Funds raised through the Owl Club and other non-budget sources account for more than 1/3 of our annual athletics budget. By supporting the Owl Club, you will help to:
- Sponsor the uniform rotation
- Fund special trips to athletic competition
- Recruit the best student-athletes we can find in Massachusetts, New England and beyond
- Improve technology and equipment in a fast-paced environment
- Keep our training room well supplied to endure the safety of our student-athletes