Homecoming Tailgating 2022
- Westfield State Alumni Relations and Alumni Association welcome alumni, students, families, faculty, and staff to the Homecoming tailgate village.
- Enjoy the company of your Westfield State family by reserving your own spot inside the Tailgate Village.
- The location of the Tailgate Village will be on the grass area, next to the Softball field on the WSU campus. No vehicles will be allowed in this area.
- Participants are required to register ahead by the deadline of October 14th, 2022 set for the October 22, 2022 Homecoming Day.
- Tent spots require a $15 nonrefundable deposit. Lifetime Owl members receive a $5 dollar discount. You may reserve up to three spots. To reserve a tent spot registrants must be at least 21 years of age.
- We recommend no more than 6 people per 10x10 tent spot. Only one person needs to register for each group or spot.
- Tent spots will be limited to 10x10 quick lift, simple push, pop up, or canopy style tents.
- Parking for the Tailgate Village will be located at the Horace Mann Center parking lot located at 333 Western Avenue, Westfield, MA.
- It is an approximate 2 minute walk from the parking lot to the Tailgating Village.
- Participants are encouraged to bring tents, small tables, coolers, etc. on wheels. Wagons/ beach wagons/ carriers are also permitted to bring tailgating supplies to the designated area.
- Decorate your tent with pride for WSU, your class year, group, etc. for a chance to win prizes from the Westfield State Alumni Association.
- If you would like to have tent spots next to other registered participants, please arrive together.
Register your Department or Student Group
- University departments, student clubs, and alumni clubs/organizations are encourage to participate in reserving a spot at the Tailgate Village. Your spot request is suitable for you to bring your own 10x10 pop up tent.
Guidelines for Tailgating and Picnicking
- Tailgating and picnicking are only approved for the designated area directly west of the WSU Softball field. This area is designated for tailgating or picnics only during Homecoming or other designated events approved by the university. (Area will be marked with signage)
- Tailgating will incorporate food into the activity. Non-alcoholic beverages must be provided at the event for those who do not wish to consume alcohol. It is further assumed that alcohol will be used in responsible and lawful ways.
- Tailgating and picnicking hours are 12:00 to 5:00pm. ALL groups must begin cleaning up no later than the conclusion of the Football game, and the area must be clear by 5:00pm.
- Only those individuals who are 21 years of age or older may possess, consume, transport, or store alcoholic beverages.
- Persons who supply alcohol to underage drinkers may incur criminal charges.
The following items are prohibited: liquor and spirits, beer kegs, party balls, multi-quart containers of beer, etc. Drinking games and all associated drinking paraphernalia are prohibited.
All alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages must be in cans, plastic bottles, or containers made of Styrofoam, plastic, or a like substance. Glass beverage containers are prohibited. Coolers will be checked upon entry into the Tailgating Village.
- Wristbands will be distributed by event staff to all attendees and must be worn while in the Tailgating Village. Proof of age is required for anyone 21 and older. Minors are permitted with parental supervision. Alcohol consumption by WSU students under the age of 21 is subject to the WSU student conduct policies.
- The University reserves the right to restrict vehicle parking, to designate parking spaces, and to restrict access to designated tailgating locations or picnicking spots.
- Soliciting and sales are not permitted by anyone other than approved university affiliates with advance written permission.
- Participants are expected to keep the campus clean and dispose of trash properly so as not to litter. The use of charcoal grills and any manner of open flames is not permitted with the exception of small gas grills with maximum tank size of 20 lbs.
- Participants are expected to respect the rights of others. Everyone is expected to be courteous and refrain from the use of loud and/or abusive language, raucous behavior, and amplified sound.
- No electricity/ power utilities are available for tailgating.
- Portable generators are not permitted.
- The university DOES NOT provide tables, chairs, or tents for tailgating groups.
- All state and local laws and University policies are in effect during tailgating and picnicking activities. Those violating any laws or policies are subject to removal from the tailgating/picnicking areas and/or possible criminal and university judicial sanctions. WSU staff, police or security personnel may close down the Tailgating Village for any safety or security issues.
A special thank you to our Homecoming 2022 Sponsors!
Would you like to sponsor future events? Contact us at email@example.com