Lifetime Owls Funds & Campus Impact
Lifetime Owls funds support the student experience. The following includes how membership fees are distributed for Lifetime Owl-specific and campus-specific initiatives.
Lifetime Owls-Specific Support
$45 per student member, or 60% of the membership fee, will be retained in the Office of Alumni Relations in a separate trust fund account, reflecting the following:
- $15 for group administration (membership shirts, membership IDs, membership & event marketing)
- $20 for program-specific activities (annual class year scholarships, key class year events, social events)
- $10 for alumni outreach efforts (networking events, homecoming activities, communications)
Campus Initiatives Support
- $15 or 20%, per student member fee, will go to the Student Government Association for use to support programming and/or other designated activities.
- $7.50 or 10%, per student member fee, will go to the Lifetime Owl Endowed Scholarship Fund in the Foundation. This scholarship fund is separate and distinct from the class year scholarships. This fund also allows undergraduates the opportunity to become donors upon graduation. As the program grows, additional funding will be added.
- $3.75 or 5%, per student member fee, will go to athletics for alumni/student programming including, but not limited to alumni guest presenters, support of the Game Side tent at Homecoming, and individual alumni/team reunion-type activities.
- $3.75 or 5%, per student member fee, will be earmarked for new initiatives that specifically support student/alumni academic department activities including, but not limited to departmental alumni guest speakers, department-specific programming (business etiquette dinners/receptions, art receptions, alumni/student poetry slams, etc.) and alumni mentor programs.